Friday, August 10, 2007

Thank God the Tiki Room is Open!

Many people have asked me about my tiki room, especially since it was reborn after Liza left. Here are a few pix to enjoy! Sorry if they are dark, but the place is in the basement after all.

The big Moai is here to greet you as you enter. We call him "The Big Kahuna."
This is what passes for the bar. Since I don't drink, it is just a bunch of mugs I have collected.
More big tikis, 'cause you gotta have big tikis. The dude with the beanie baby on his head is "The Other Kahuna." Please note the photo of the King looking down on us all.
The actual tiki collection. A few good stories here: the dark ones on the upper left were ordered from a place in Hawai'i. The guy included a note that said that, in his over 30 years of business, he had NEVER shipped anything to Wichita! The light brown guys on the upper right are examples of "you never know what you'll find at a dollar store." Finally, check out the tall tiki on the far left. It is a real carved wood figure made especially for me in Hawai'i. My girlfriend from high school and I reconnected and she had her mom (who I always thought was not fond of me) get it carved and brought back. I was so happy. All I could say was, "wow." Over and over...

No comments: