Friday, August 29, 2008

Where I met my wife

Today I heard that the Governor of Illinois is closing many state parks and historic sites as a budget saving measure. I won't get into that...

One of them is the Jubilee College Historic Site near Peoria. I will miss it, since so many great memories are attached to the place. It is where I met my wonderful, beautiful wife, at a medieval re-enactment. She was quite the noble lady and I was her knight in armor.

Here is a view of the place. I hope it survives.


View Larger Map

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

o crap! Does this kill our freaking faire? Where'd you get this list from, DNR website?

The guy who wears Chuck Taylors with a suit. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The guy who wears Chuck Taylors with a suit. said...

Ottawa, Il newspaper, the Times.