Friday, October 19, 2007

Start again!

OK, I'm still going to Hibbing, but no longer driving the entire way. Last night, we went to pick up the rental car at Hertz and was told they had no more cars, even though I had a reservation. Hertz sent me to Enterprise, who would not honor the unlimited mileage (turns out Hertz would not have, either, even though I had a reservation slip from them with "unlimited mileage" printed on it). So much for the cheap car.

We went home and I got a last-minute flight to Minneapolis from Wichita. I leave Wichita at 3:30pm, have a 3 hour layover in Denver, arrive in Minneapolis at 10pm, then get a rental car (confirmed, paid for and verbally checked!) for the 3.5 hour drive to Hibbing. I'm done in Hibbing around 3pm on Saturday, then don't have anywhere to be till 6:30am Sunday, when my return flight leaves Minneapolis. After another 3 hour stay in Denver, I get back to Wichita at 12:30pm.

One plane change allows the airline to lose my one piece of luggage, but at least I can add two more states to my list: Minnesota and Colorado. ("The furthest west I've been? The Denver airport. The furthest north? Hibbing, MN.")

No comments: