Monday, October 13, 2008

A new favorite


That's right, ketchup flavored potato chips. Pretty weird, huh? I thought so, too. Then I tried them.

My in-laws run a motel in Canada, so there are plenty of bags of snacks around. Late one night, during our first visit, I was feeling peckish and couldn't locate any chips that I recognized. "Ketchup" seemed fairly harmless, so I got a bag, opened it and popped on in my mouth.

"Acckk! Awful! What horrible things! Canadians EAT these? Gross! Take them away!"

So I ate another one.

"Eww! What was I thinking, having another one? Really, these are terrible!"

And another.

"Too tangy! Really, no more."

Yet another.

"Well, they aren't so bad, but I certainly won't develop a taste for them."

Two more, then a third.

"I'll finish this bag, but no more."

I then empty the bag, crumbs and all.

"Can I get these in the States?"

No, but I'm not THAT far from Canada. I never would have thought another chip could have replaced my old favorites, Cool Ranch Doritos. Sorry, guys.

No comments: