Friday, May 30, 2008

Light blogging for a while...


Though summer may be quiet for nearly everyone else, it is the busiest time of the year for a youth services librarian. Summer Reading Program starts next week and will run till August 1 here in Hibbing. Kids come in practically non-stop for those 2 months, checking out books, reading books and returning books to get their prizes. I'll be running the program as it has been since the beginning of time, but I plan to make major changes next summer.

Programs look great: Author Debra Frasier (who did the artwork for this year's theme, shown here) will visit, Underwater Adventures is bringing some sharks, Sparky the Clown will entertain as well as singer Casey Aro, and Creepy Crawlies is bringing, well, creepy crawlies. Plus story times, a puppet show, cooking classes and a chocolate festival. And it all starts off next week with a tie dye party.

Busy, busy. So wish me luck and I'll post when I can.

No comments: