Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The mayor has dropped out...

...and I have nowhere to go. For the first time since I first voted in 1984, I have no candidate to support, vote for or care about. McCain scared me in 2000 and that hasn't changed in eight years. Romney's politics are just slightly to the left of Genghis Khan. Obama is the Paris Hilton of the Democrats and Hillary has all the charm of a cold sore. Plus she and the lecherous hillbilly are a package deal. *shudder*

Last week, the local Obama group met here at the library and I helped them set up. I handed the guy in charge $5 and told him, "Please use this to stop that woman." He asked if I wanted to get involved and I informed him that I don't support his man, I just want "that woman" stopped. He looked downcast and said, "Unfortunately, we get that a lot."

I may just sit this one out and take what comes. I cannot, as an American, moderate and capitalist, vote for any of these people. Now it is my turn to be scared of the direction we are going. Maybe something will change. I can only hope.

No comments: